The program is carried out by American Councils.
Applicants take exams and are selected through an open competition based on merit and consisting of three stages. There is no need to register before the exams. There is an unlimited number of applicants.
To apply for the 2017-2018 study year, citizens of the Republic of Armenia must:
- study in the 9th-12th grades or the 1st-3rd years of colleges (students in the 12th grade or third-year of college who are required to complete military service are ineligible),
- students with disabilities must study in the 8th-12th grades,
- have an academic standing of “good” or “better” and knowledge of English,
- meet the U.S. visa eligibility requirements,
- be born between 15 February 1999 and 15 July 2002,
- have not spent more than 3 months in the U.S. in the last 5 years and meet U.S. visa eligibility requirements.
The exams are conducted in the following regions of Armenia:
15 September, 11:00, high school of Talin, 13 Gorky Street, Talin
15 September, 15:00, School #2 of Aragatsavan, Aragatsavan
16 September, 11:00, high school of Gavar, 11 Tumanyan Street, Gavar
16 September, 15:00, School #13, central district, Hrazdan
19 September 11:00, Secondary School #2 of Hatsik, Armavir region
20 September, 11:00, Galik School, 1 Nalbandyan Street, Ijevan
20 September, 15:00, Dilijan High School, 61 Myasnikyan Street, Dilijan
21 September, 11:00, Hovhannes Tumanyan State University of Vanadzor, 36 Tigran Mets Street, Vanadzor
22 September, 11:00, School #20, 1 Tetcher Street, Gyumri
23 September, 15:00, For Children with Disabilities, American Councils Office, 4/7 Amiryan Street, Yerevan
26 September, 11:00, Youth Center, 1 Momik Street, Yeghegnadzor
26 September, 15:00, Vayk High School, 93 Shahumyan Street, Vayk region
27 September, 11:00, Jermuk High School, Left Coast, Jermuk
28 September, 11:00, School #3, 8 Myasnikyan Street, Sisyan
28 September, 15:00, National Institute of Education, 32 Gusan Ashot Street, Goris
29 September, 11:00, School #1 of Kapan, 1 Lernagortsner Street, Kapan
30 September, 11:00, Agarak Secondary School, Agarak, Agarak region
2 October, Yerevan and nearby regions, 10:00-Armenian State Pedagogical University after Khachatur Abovyan in Yerevan, Faculty of Philology building, 13 Alex Manoogian Street
All applicants must bring:
- birth certificate or passport (original)
- 1 photo/size 3x4 photo
- A pen
For details, please contact the office of American Councils at 4/7 Amiryan Street or call (+374 10) 54 40 15, 54 40 12 or 56 00 45.