The forum aims at strengthening the quality, recognition and outreach of human rights education with young people and has the following objectives:
- To evaluate achievements since the 2nd Forum (2009) and to share and discuss recent developments in the understanding and practices of human rights education with young people
- To prepare and contribute to the evaluation of the implementation of the Council of Europe Charter on Education for Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights Education with input from the youth and NGOs sectors
- To address challenges and future goals for human rights education, especially through youth policy and youth work, in the current social, political and economic context
- To make proposals for the further development and sustainability of Education for Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights Education
- To support mutual knowledge and cooperation between stakeholders from formal and non-formal education fields concerned with Education for Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights Education
- To enhance the recognition of the role of young people and youth work in Education for Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights Education.
The Forum will take place during the Estonian Chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe (May-November 2016) and will contribute to promote the fundamental values of the Council of Europe and to the protection and promotion of the human rights of children and young people, which are also main priorities of the Chairmanship.
The application form available until 8 June 2016 noon